How to empower readers to engage with your content?
Wowchemy supports the following comment providers:
- Twitter and other social networks
- Option 1: Readers can comment by clicking one of the Page Sharing links such as the Twitter link
- Option 2: Tweet your page and add a
[Comment](https://twitter.com/...)link at the end of the page, referencing your tweet URL. Readers can then comment in the Twitter thread and react by liking or retweeting. You can also embed the Tweet at the end of the article (see Content > Page Elements).
- GitHub Discussions via Giscus
- great solution if you expect your readers to have a GitHub account
- privacy focussed with support for threaded Markdown comments
- widely adopted but not particularly minimal and may contain adverts
You may also add your own comment provider by overriding the comments file with the code from your provider.
To configure the provider, open
config/_default/params.yaml, scroll down to the
comment section, and set the
provider to the one you wish to use,
features: comment: # Choose a provider: giscus, disqus, commento, or '' to disable commenting provider: '' giscus: repo: '' repo_id: '' category: '' category_id: '' theme: preferred_color_scheme language_code: en mapping: pathname disqus: # Paste the shortname from your Disqus dashboard. shortname: '' # Show comment count in page header? (true/false) show_count: true commento: # If you self-host Commento, enter your custom Commento URL here. url: ''
For Disqus, copy your
shortname from your Disqus admin panel and paste it in the Disqus config section shown above.
For Giscus, get your parameters from the Giscus site.
Choose where users can comment
To enable commenting on a page, add the following to the page front matter:
Alternatively, use Hugo’s
cascade feature in
config.yaml to automatically apply your commenting preferences to a collection of pages.